Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - 1st Resolution Report


Well, so far so good... I haven't cheated yet - although I know it's still early days.

It is Day 2 of my new years resolution - or as I like to call it - my "promise to myself"... and I made the most of it:
  • I washed all the dishes and pans etc., by hand (instead of using the dishwasher - hey every calorie burned counts right?! ) and cleaned the kitchen.
  • I deep cleaned the bathroom - tiles and all.
  • Watched some New Year detox tips on TV .
  • I joined WeightWatchers online so I could keep track of my food allowance.
  • I went power walking - running some errands at the same time.
  • I ate healthily - without feeling I was missing out on anything - after all I can eat anything as long as it's within my "points" allowance for the day.
  • I drank 5 glasses of water and some green tea, & coffee - so it didn't quite meet my required 8 glass minimum, but it's better than I was doing! And I resisted soda/fizzy drinks and juice.
So time for bed... also thank you to everyone who sent me messages about this.  It won't be long before we have our own social group for this kind of thing :-)

Here are some fun quotes I found about weight loss...

"The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later, you’re hungry again"
- George Miller

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."
- Ellen Degeneres

"If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner."
- Henry Sambrooke Leigh

"The rest of the world lives to eat, while I eat to live."
- Socrates

"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

"Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork."
~English Proverb

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake."
~Author Unknown

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown

"I'm allergic to food.  Every time I eat it breaks out into fat."
~Jennifer Greene Duncan

"To lengthen your life, shorten your meals."
~Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment